Front Cover and Inside Cover
Once I had decided and taken the stills of the videos, I then put them onto Photoshop and begun to design my front cover. I researched on Google ‘R&B album covers’ for some inspiration. At first, I liked the idea of using the fading technique and the shadows I had found from my practising before-hand.
I selected a few of the images that I liked and cut them out
from their background so next time I can put them onto the background that I
created. This is shown below:
Using the full shot image that I had already cut out, I placed in onto a plain black background, edited the size of the image and then adjusted the saturation, brightness and tone of it. I made the colour of his ginger hair brighter and I liked the way it stood out against the black background. Some inspiration I had for brightening the orange colour was from the artist that already exists, Ed Sheeran. I know that with a hair colour like this it’s hard to use other colours in the same image, so I looked at some of his work for inspiration.
Due to the difficulty of matching colours with the orange tone, from the above image of Ed Sheeran’s album cover, the editor has embraced the orange and made it an overall theme. Trying to make this my own, I began to draft my own version, as shown UNFINISHED below:
Using the full shot image that I had already cut out, I placed in onto a plain black background, edited the size of the image and then adjusted the saturation, brightness and tone of it. I made the colour of his ginger hair brighter and I liked the way it stood out against the black background. Some inspiration I had for brightening the orange colour was from the artist that already exists, Ed Sheeran. I know that with a hair colour like this it’s hard to use other colours in the same image, so I looked at some of his work for inspiration.
Due to the difficulty of matching colours with the orange tone, from the above image of Ed Sheeran’s album cover, the editor has embraced the orange and made it an overall theme. Trying to make this my own, I began to draft my own version, as shown UNFINISHED below:
There are still many things I need to do with this, and I’m
not entirely sure if I like the whole concept of it yet or not, as over the
next few weeks I will keep practising with the different images.




























No comments:
Post a Comment