What are music posters?
Music posters can come in a variety of different ways, depending on the motive of what they are advertising. Primarily, posters are used as a form of promotion and a way of awaring people of certain media's. In the music industry, music posters are cleverly used to advertise music artists, their songs/albums, merchandise, websites, social networking accounts, live shows, tours, and so many more. What I will be concentrating in this part of my coursework is looking at two different ones - a tour poster and a general live show poster, and analysing the reasons why the artists and designers have produced them in that way. In light of this task, I hope to gain some more knowledge on how to create a suitable poster for my own star image I decide by the end of the week.
The first poster I chose to analyse was a tour poser by Jessie J. This poster advertises her Stand Up tour:
Can also be viewed at: http://prezi.com/xggy7jfkw4fb/analysing-music-posters-19912/
The second type of poster I chose was not a tour poster, but instead just a general live show poster. This advertises one of The Script's shows:
Can also be viewed at: http://prezi.com/vayb-f64ojde/analysing-music-posters-2-19912/
Why have I done this?
Music posters are a part of my coursework, therefore, it wouldn't be possible for me to create a niche poster if I didn't first do my own research into them. I have found out about the different types of posters, and then using www.prezi.com, looked into the posters in more detail by analysing them closely. This was helpful for me because I realised how important things such as the genre and promotion are from a poster, and also realised the amount of information that is included on them.
SOURCES
1. www.prezi.com
2. www.google.com/images
No comments:
Post a Comment