As everyone else in my Media Studies class begun this course and preparation for it at the beginning of summer, I am a few weeks behind in the research and planning. Therefore, this week is going to be quite busy for me in catching up with everyone, now knowing my deadline for finished filming is in about 8 weeks at October half-term.
This weeks plans are:
- Research the history of music videos - when was the first music video made? What artist or band was in the first music video? I need to research how music video's first came about and learn all about the past years of music videos. I know that genre of music and type of music videos has changed so much over the years, and before I begin anything else I need to understand everything there is about music videos.
- Research the history of music genre's - Genre has also changed a lot over the years, with pop, R&B and hip hop becoming more popular than the old indie, jazz and rock music from many years ago. With this research, I need to find out what type of genre is popular and current at this time so I can choose a song and artist that are mainstream and will ensure my music video is up to date.
- Research famous music labels of different genres - I need to research all about the music labels that are behind the creation of the music videos and look at their styles that I could adapt into my own product.
- Fashion of different genres - the artists and models in music videos are always dressed and composed in specific ways, depending on the genre of it. For example, actors involved in a rock music video might wear darker colours and more heavy clothing than those that are involved in a R&B video.
- Analyse 2 music videos - This is obviously a really important part of the research and I have decided to evenly choose 2 music videos from different genre's so I can give myself an idea of what is involved in music videos, analyse the editing, mise-en-scene, sound and camera, all to give me an idea of how to make the best video.
No comments:
Post a Comment