Thursday, 11 October 2012

Actor Preparation - 11/10/12

To prepare my actors for their show in my music video, I have printed off a copy of the script I have produced to give to each of them, so they can read through it and come to terms with what is expected. With the scripts, I have written a list of the different scenes for each person and given them an idea of the clothing I would like them to wear. To help me with this, I have appointed a close friend of mine as 'fashion designer' and 'choreographer' to help me create the R&B image that I am looking for. She will attend as many filming sessions as possible to help the actors with their fashion and choreography, but all of the original ideas on paper will be from me.

This is Kiran, who will be helping the actors with the fashion and choreography:




I have also asked all of the actors to give me potential days and times over the next few weeks that they can and can't film, so I can start putting together a filming schedule and decide which scenes are to be shot when. Due to my own work commitments, Tuesday and Thursday are days in which I cannot film myself, so I would make this clear with the actors too.

Tayla has already told me that she works over the weekend, so any shots of her will have to be done during school time or after school on some days. She is also unavailable on Tuesday's because of dance and Monday's because of her own media studies filming programme, which is obviously a priority for her. We have both decided that Wednesday's and Friday's are the days in which we can film properly, so I have suggested that next Wednesday we keep free so we can travel to St. Albans park and get all of the filming shot then. Referring back to the weather forecast I looked at yesterday, the weather doesn't look all that great for Wednesday next week, but this will remain the plan until the actual day, and if the weather stops up from doing this, we will swap it with the Friday session instead. I will make sure once I have all of the actors times and possible days in that I produce a filming script with some contingency plans for the outside shots.

For my main artist, Ted, his work schedule is on a rota basis so he is going to find out the days in which he can film for me on Sunday. I will then get him to pass the message on so I can decide what days over the next two weeks I should plan to film his part. Filming the parts inside of school wouldn't be a problem as if we were running out of time we could always do this in our free lessons, during our breaks and even during our P.S.H.E lessons.

Similarly, my basketball player, Chris, has already told me that next week the best day for him would be Monday after school. This is fine for me because I already understand that Tayla cannot shoot then, so I can use this opportunity to film with Chris. What I plan to do is shoot the outside filming on Monday, and then spread it out so the following week I am doing the inside shooting. If the weather is not great on Monday, then I will obviously swap this around. For the outside scenes, I also require some more boys to be actors and play the role of his friends. I have already scouted out a few boys that are willing to do that, but if this is not possible for this week then I will swap it around and complete the inside shooting instead. 

All of this seems quite confusing at the moment and I can see that most of my filming will have to be quite spontaneous or decided on during that day. This is because of my actors having lots of commitments which obviously come before my filming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment