As I have decided that I am going to include a famous sporting quote at the beginning of my music video to add to the inspiration, as Muhammad Ali definitely represents this, and to introduce the video and the meaning of it. The quote I have chosen is "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee." by Muhammad Ali because this quote really represents the message I am trying to get my actors to imply - that you may get knocked down, or you may try and try, but when you get that opportunity, "sting like a bee" quite literally. Due to this, it has meant I had to look for some possible fonts to use for my opening. I used the same website as I did last year (www.dafont.com) as this was a very helpful source for me and they have a range of different fonts depending on the occasion. Last year I didn't have trouble finding a gruesome and scary font for my thriller/horror film, but this year my font is going to be completely different as it is representing completely different things.
I want my font to be gentle and relate to what the quote is talking about. I also need to make sure my font isn't too complicated because I want the audience to be able to read and understand the quote in the time I have given, for it to set them up for the actual music video.
After searching through quite a few, I found this one:
This font captured my attention straight away, as it is very simplistic, but it is exactly what I was looking for. I want my quote at the beginning to give a sense of sophistication and knowledge, and think that a more simple and plain font would give that impression, rather than a fancy curly one or one that has been edited strongly.
However, in my plans for my music video, I decided that I was going to have the writing in white font and have the screen in black. The reason for this would just make it easier to fade out the writing and fade in the next scene, and I think having the white writing connotes strength and draws the attention more. Here is what it would look like in invert colours:
I am impressed with both of the ways these fonts are represented, and I think that I could quite easily get away with both of them. They are both implying the strength and influence I am trying to create and I think my decision will have to be based on the colours and image of the second scene, to see which matches the best.
Though, I am happy with this font over all of the others that I have seen and knew this task would be quite easy because I was looking for a simplistic and not a fancy font.
Why have I done this?
I had to draft what the quote is going to look like on my music video because it is an important part of the beginning. I have to make sure I get the colours right to match with the following scene and see which one best flows.
SOURCES:
1. www.dafont.com


No comments:
Post a Comment