Monday, 15 October 2012

Filming Update - 15/10/12

Yesterday, I filmed a few brief scenes for the first time. I am meant to start filming at the beginning of this week which I will be filming the the basketball scenes tonight after school if the weather still permits, but yesterday I had the chance to complete the filming of the driving by scenes of the olympic flags. Unfortunately, the timing of this wasn't great as most of the olympic flags have been taken down already so my idea of filming this obviously couldn't go ahead. However, I still liked the idea of driving down a fast road and the scene fitted the lyrics of 'everywhere we go' and suggests the journey that both of the characters are taking. Even though it didn't go according to my previous plans, I was able to drive down several roads with the help of my parents, put the window down and try out some different shots of the settings flying past.
The settings I chose were of fields, buildings and some houses to create an isolated atmosphere and looking back at the footage I recorded I think I have captured this well.

Today after school I plan to complete some of the basketball shots outside with a few other actors to create the relaxed and casual image of just some friends playing basketball. I have chosen for this to be completed tonight after school because the weather is decent enough so far and I want to get most of my filming outside completed when the weather is good. Then next monday I plan to finish off the rest of the inside basketball shooting as Monday's are the only days in which my main actor can do.
On Wednesday, I plan to travel to St. Albans Park during a free lesson at the end of the day with my actor Tayla, her dog and a friend to complete all of the filming there. I have checked the weather forecast already and the weather is meant to be decent, so hopefully the plan will go ahead. However, if the weather is not good enough on Wednesday I will change the day to Friday and hope for the best. 

On Wednesday 24th I have hired the hall out for after school use where I plan to get the drop down white sheet to film the inside scenes for my main actor, and also to use the hall to film the inside scenes for Tayla as well. I am attempting at getting the hall booked during a P.S.H.E lesson on one afternoon to try and get some of the crowd scenes completed as well, but I will discuss this nearer the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment