Health and Safety - luckily the weather was on my side yesterday so as far as the condition of the grounds were to go, it was perfectly safe for Tayla to complete the dancing that I wanted her to. As we were using her dog in some of the scenes, I also had to think about who would be looking after the dog whilst we were both shooting, but we were able to bring someone along to hold the dog when it wasn't needed.
Mise-en-scene - as I was using a public park, there was always the chance of mise-en-scene errors happening - e.g. people, objects, setting, etc. Luckily, there wasn't too many things we had to worry about, though for the first half an hour there was a group of people participating in a run around the exact area we were shooting at, so unfortunately they were in the background of a few shots that I can no longer use. Similarly, Tayla's dog brought quite a lot of attention from other people and their dogs which meant we were delayed by about 5-10 minutes, which isn't too bad considering. Also, with the sun out and positioned behind me, it was difficult to try and make sure my shadow wasn't in any of the shots, meaning some of the scenes weren't like what I had planned in terms of angles and levels, though I think I managed to get all of the shots that I wanted almost or better than I had imagined in my head.
However, the only thing about the weather was that it was quite windy which unfortunately meant the camera and tripod accidentally blew over when we were looking through the script, and somehow managed to turn itself into an unknown setting where the screen became quite blurry when in the distance. This was obviously a problem and even though I spent a good 15 minutes trying to fix the camera back to its usual state, I decided that time was getting on and I needed to think up an alternate plan. I then decided to film the last few scenes on my phone, which at first didn't work too well when the sun was shining as there was a lot of glare on bright colours (unfortunately everything that Tayla was wearing). Though, we realised this happened when the sun was out so we had to time the filming in between when the sun was in the clouds. Obviously this is not the ideal way of filming as the camera shots were more prone to being wobbly and not as perfect as they could have been, and I have decided to upload a scene from the camera and a few scenes I shot from my mobile to see the difference.
Here is one of the shots that I used the camera and tripod for:
Compared to this, here is one of the first few shots that I won't be using because of the glare from the sun:
And this is an example of a good shot I took on my mobile phone:
Luckily, I hold a decent smart phone and was able to get some good quality shots from my mobile phone, but this was obviously a last minute decision where I had to use my initiative to figure something else out. However, looking through the camera shots that I took on my phone, some of them were quite shaky and not as good as what I liked, but this adds to the spirit of the song as if the audience are experiencing it as well.
All in all, the shooting yesterday went very well and I managed to complete all of the shooting I had planned to do despite the small errors that we faced. Luckily, the camera was somehow back to normal when I got home, but I don't think the shooting was affected that greatly by the use of my mobile phone.
The filming is now on pause for another week and starts again on Monday 22nd which will be one of my main shooting days in my school hall. I still have yet to ask the forms to participate in this quick after school meeting, which I plan to do in either registration this afternoon, or sometime tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment