"Wonderful" - Angel (Animatic)
The beginning of the animatic shows some scenes where I have taken the time to colour them in to give a sense of what the video will realistically look like. Unfortunately, I had over 100 different shots and didn't have time to individually colour in each of the scenes, which is why some of the shots in this animatic aren't as clear or in focussed as normal. Although, this animatic is just a way of me experimenting and making sure my music video will look good all together, which I can conclude that it does.
Why have I done this?
As realised from last year's attempt at an animatic, this is the best visual way of understanding what my music video is actually going to look like. I was able to create my own storyboard for each of the scenes I plan to film, and then put them together with the music for the first time. Even though this was a long process, it gave me a taste of some of the technology I would be using for my actual music video editing. For my animatic, I used Final Cut Express to import all of the files and the audio track, and then managed to put them all together in the correct order and timing to the song. I also used a few examples of some fading in and out of scenes, which is only very basic, and I plan on using much more effects when it actually comes to my music video editing - such as slow motion, fast motion, swipes and faster cuts, though this wasn't possible as my storyboard wasn't 'moving'.
An example of this was the montage that I planned on making at the beginning of the music video, but this didn't become possible as I didn't have a variety of scenes to do this.
These were the images that I planned to put together in a slight montage using a fast cut between the second and first on the lyric 'hand'. The original music video for "Wonderful" used this same technique and found it very effective so thought I would try and recreate my own. This didn't create the same effect in my animatic because I didn't want to waste time trying to make this effect great and just focussed on getting the animatic finished for me to see the overall picture. What I will do differently when I actually film these scenes is do a lot of different takes of different angles and heights so I can put them together with a lot of fast cuts to create a short montage to go with the beat at that time.
Once I had watched over my product and made sure it was as good as it was going to get, I then exported the movie into Quick Time so I can upload it onto my blog. At first I had uploaded the movie to over 800 MB which was far too big to be uploaded onto blogger, but then with some help I managed to cut the size down a lot more by changing the settings of export. This animatic has only made me confident that I have picked the scenes correct for the music video.
How does this compare to the filming so far?
When I was creating my animatic, I did realise that some of the scenes might not be as great as what I had planned as this was my first time to put the scenes together with the music. An example of this was the lack of variety of shots I had for the dancing and basketball scenes, which I realised when I first put my animatic together. To get around this slight problem, when I filmed yesterday afternoon and Monday after school, I experimented by getting the actors to actually hold the camera whilst performing their sport to see if this was as effective as it could be.
Here are two examples of both actors giving this experiment a shot, and I think even though the whole shot might be too much to use and not as effective, I think I can quite easily cut out some sections of these shots as fast clips as it will allow the audience to feel as if they are experiencing what the actors are.
My favourite part of Tayla's video is the part in which shows her running as this could be the start of her explosive section and then could follow by showing her jumping and dancing. Similarly, my favourite part of Chris' is the lead up to the actual goal as he manages to capture the atmosphere of shooting a goal well and I think I can incorporate this into my music video too.



No comments:
Post a Comment